Thursday, January 5, 2017

Events 12/9-12/11: Trip to Serbia

Photos

This liveblog was a bit shakier, but still good.

Serbia live blog:
12/9/16
8:19 pm:
Whoops, forgot about the blog until now. Bus ride was about 6 hours long, I slept and worked on my final paper during it. Then we went to the hostel, got settled in, then headed to dinner. Dinner was a little ways away, so it took a bit of walking to get there.

Our guide is from Belgrade, so we went to one of her favorite places to eat. It was delicious. A few french fries, and various meats. It was delicious. I couldn't even eat it all. They were playing classic rock the whole time, which was interesting. We're now walking back to the hostel.

12/10/16
~9am We decided to split up [last night], so I went back to the hostel alone, which required some detective work, but I made it back. This morning, we walked to breakfast. It hasn't come yet, and I'm hungry. My phone didn't charge fully during the night; it's at 37% charge now. I hope I can find a place to charge it.

3:25 pm
Breakfast was great. I got French toast. No place to charge. I have a few pictures, but not many. We went in a tour of Belgrade, to a cobblestone street, to a farmer's market, to a Serbian Orthodox Church, to a fortress, with a Roman ruin exhibit. After having trouble figuring out where to go, we found our lunch place. I got some chicken breaded with cornflakes with fries, an oreo shake, some tortillas, and a scoop of ice cream for dessert, it was *amazing*. We're now wrapping up.

4:21 pm:
We got on the bus and are heading to Tito's grave, and then museum. After, we're going to his Orthodox Church. Tito was the big dictator of communist Yugoslavia.

5:40 pm:
Tito's grave was very interesting. There was a museum, and a section just for gifts to him. He is extremely revered, even today.

5:59 pm:
The church is under renovation. It's quite beautiful from the outside. The inside is a bit more sparse. It will be amazing when it is done, tho. The church bells are amazing, too. We're heading back to the hostel now.

12/11/16
9:46am
I napped and rested for the hour break got. Then we went to dinner. It was fine, but I was full going into it, so I didn't eat some of it. The mashed potatoes were delicious. I could barely even eat the dessert. It was milkcake. To me, it tasted like cake soaked in milk, which isn't awful, but I couldn't eat it when already full. Then we went back fit the evening. In the morning, we got up, and went to the same breakfast place as last time. I got scrambled eggs with bacon. It is delicious.

12:37 pm:
We got on the road, I took a two hour nap, and then we stopped at a gas station, where I spent the last of my dinar. Lots of snacks. We'll be stopping in Szeged, Hungary, soon.

The liveblog ended above. We ended up having to wait a very long time to cross back into Hungary; there were some Serbian large vehicles crossing the border in front of us, and I believe all of those are required to get a full search. We waited at least an hour. So we skipped Szeged, and just went straight back to Hungary.

No comments:

Post a Comment